I've been tossing this idea around for a few months now, just idly, but now I'm in a do-stuff mood. So, here goes. I'm thinking of starting an e-zine, but I need some opinions on stuff. See? Look at me, I'm doing market research! Yay homeschooling! Now, help me do my homework project.
So if you can please comment, and just throw any ideas at all at me, I'd appreciate it. If you're inspired to help me work on this, please comment and let me know. I'd love to work on this with more people than just me.
Now, here are the ideas I'm tossing around currently, feel free to comment on them:
- I'm thinking of a website review section, in which would only be posted positive reviews. There wouldn't be a specific person who does these, it'd just be whoever sends me a review. So if you saw a nice website, you could write it a review and e-mail it to me, and I'd put it in the 'zine.
- Also possibly a comics section, in the future. Like, if you draw a cartoon sporadically and wanted to send in some snippets, it would go in there. It depends on how many people would be willing to submit.
- An artsy section, for those of you who are poetically and atristically inclined, you could submit your scanned drawings (or cgi drawings) and poetry and stuff, and boom, it would be in the e-zine.
- A random facts section. This would probably be run by me, all though sebmissions would also be welcome.
- Columns by people. I would recruit people online to commit to writing a column in every issue. The columns could be about whatever they want, as long as it's on topic (of course, if we don't have a topic, it's irrelevant). So they could write anything from a column talking about the best of internet porn, to a column reviewing a horrible Harry Potter fanfic. Hopefully some of you guys would want to do this. Also, if you ever decided you didn't want to do it anymore, you could quit. If you didn't get your material in on time, I'm sure I could get something to fill it.
- An arts-and-crafts section. This would be where all those old Family Life magazine stashed away in my drawers would come in. It would feature one or two crafts an issue. Submissions would be welcome, naturally, or I could consult my mother's book (written in the 60's), "Cheap and Easy Ways to Make Your Own Clothing".
- Possibly a fashion section. Again, it depends on targeting. You see, I don't believe in telling people what's cool and what's not, what they should wear and what they shouldn't, so suggestion this kind of embarrasses me. But wait, the idea gets good. Instead of being a whats-hot-and-whats-not section, it would be a section about past fashion ("Was the Bouffant lame, or what?"), fashion for the unfashionable ("Man, I just LOVE bad ties."), fashion for girls who aren't built like ten-year-olds ("I heard about this new site for plus-sized girls..."), and so on.
- Letters to the editor (me!). For people who want to complain about things they didn't like in the zine, or for things that they did like, or that helped them.
- An advice column. Run by elite specialists *coughmeandemmucough*, it would be pleasant and helpful, not demeaning and condescending like some magazines.
So please, comment and help me out! Remember, your opinion counts!